The Vengeful Warlock

The Vengeful Warlock (D&D 1)

All of you have heard of the evil brewing in the Shirken Penninsula. There have been reports of strange colors in the sky above this once peaceful peninsula. You all meet on a rainy night after traveling for hours on the road at a small inn, The Green Lizard, where each of you arrives almost at the same time. Posted outside the door, a large “wanted” canvas sign hangs, torn slightly at the edges. In the mud beneath this sign, another piece of canvas can be seen, with the letters W-A-N showing. The writing on the posted sign is scribbled, but still clearly legible. A man in a dark hood stands near it, looking off in the distance. A small dagger hangs at his side, and he acts as though he is not permitted inside the inn. The adventures, still unacquainted, walk over to see what this sign entails.

POSTER READS: Wanted: Group of heroes and heroines to save the town of Northshore from the Necromancer of Southshore. Such Heroes will be rewarded with 1000 gold pieces, and any item of their choice from the city’s treasury. Bring us the head of this necromancer. Hurry to our town, and save us from this menace.

MUDDY POSTER: The letter reads the same, only that it tells that Northshore is the evil town, and Northshore is the honorable one. It offers only 500 gold.

HOODED MAN: (after they read.) So, interested in that are you? It’ll take all you’ve got to take down what’s haggling those towns. You can see their feud even here at this inn. (gestures to the paper in mud) Garrik won’t stand for any of them here though, not until this settles down. I won’t touch that battle, although the reward is tempting. Of course, that doesn’t mean I can’t help you out. (pulls out a piece of paper from within his cloak) I could sell you this map of the Shirken Penninsula. It’s a fairly simple map, showing the locations of both towns, as well as a closer overview of the Forlonging Forest. I only request in turn, that you get me a keg of Dragon’s Breath from the bar within. It’s a mighty fine drink. Do we have ourselves a deal?

(Who are you?) I’ll explain myself if you explain yourselves first. (AFTER) Well, I’m Randulf, a traveling salesman from a faraway city. I’m known around here though, as a bit of a thief and a beggar. Garrik, the innkeeper in there, won’t let me in for more than a minute. He’s convinced I’m a rogue. (Stelion) Anyway, where are those drinks?

(Why don’t you just get it?) I’ve been kicked out. You see, I started heckling some of the ladies in there. I didn’t know it was the bartender’s daughter.

The player’s have been gathered around this hooded man, and after hearing his offer, they head inside.

The Green Lizard is a small inn, with seven tables and a bar. The tables are circular, and pillars stand in the center of the room. A chubby man stands behind the bar, talking to another man on a stool. One table has three men sitting at it, eying four girls at the table across. At a table in the corner, a man sits with his head on the table and a puddle of drool by his mouth. He has an empty stein in his hand. The other four tables are empty.

GIRLS: Leave us alone. (go back to talking to each other)
(If persistent, warn they will get them kicked out.)
(If it continues, BARTENDER is called, and says “Leave me daughter alone! Get out of here! Kicked out and not let back in. The hooded man is gone, and they are forced to sleep outside)

GUYS: What do you want?
(Quest) We’re staying out of that mess. But the reward does seem desirable… (gets distracted looking at girls)
Yeah, I’ve got some health potions for sale. What’ll you give me for them?
50 gp each.

DRUNK: (Doesn’t respond until second time) What? I don’t wanna be awake. Not after what I’ve seen.
(Persistent) Get me a drink and I’ll talk to you.
(Post drink) Terrible things… terrible. I’ll tell you. That Southshore town is evil. (whispers) I’m from Northshore, you see. But don’t let Garrik over there know. He’d kick me out after he swore to be neutral. But I’m telling you. It was them. Southshore did it all. (swallows entire drink, then collapses, and don’t respond)

STOOLMAN: I swear, those are the biggest dam rats I’ve ever seen.

BARTENDER: “What’s that? Dragon’s Breath you want? (IF THEY HAVEN’T INTRODUCED THEMSELVES, ASK THEM TO) But that’s my finest brew and I’m running low… It’s two hundred gold coins for keg, and you’d best be paying in full. Otherwise, you had better find another way to pay for it.”

There is that rat problem I’ve been having. Nothing much of course, only a few that have been down there for the past few days. But I’ll tell you what- you bring me up their heads, I’ll give you half keg of your choice, free of charge. I’ll even throw in a free night’s stay.

“Here’s the cellar. Be careful opening it, and you had better not let anything back up here. And you had better not die down there, it smells bad enough already. Take this lantern- you’ll be needing it. But I better get it back.” (LATERN AND TWO HOURS WORTH OF FUEL)

The backroom is musty, with a cellar door on the ground. A strange odor emits from the cracked wooden cellar door, and fungi can be seen growing around the edges. Although Garrik claims they’ve only been there days, it seems as though they’ve been infesting the area for months.

As you enter, you can see a few wooden kegs in the corner, and a barrel that has been knocked over. You can see some small bones sticking out, probably from small animals. There is a passageway straight on through, with crates on the sides. (As soon as a player begins an action, 2 rats jump out from the dark and attack.)

After the rats are killed, you notice that the smell has grown worse. Your only light other than the lantern is that of the room above you. The light shines into a pool, which sparkles brightly. The cellar is dark, with the occasional puddle of rat filth filling the air with stench. Scattering can be heard, and it seems as though the innkeeper was grossly incorrect in his estimation. A small brazier stands on the wall to your left. Based on the dim light of the lantern, you think that anything farther than five squares away would surprise you.

(AFTER DEATH OF 9th RAT)
As soon as you (Elaborate killing), you hear a large growl come from hidden hole behind some of the larger wine barrels. Two smaller rats rush out, but you can tell that they are the least of your problems. Another enormous roar emits from behind the barrels, and a barrel comes tumbling down towards . (1d20 minus reflexes+ 1d6)

You jump out of the way just in time as the barrel crashes down, spraying the fine drink across the room. You look up to see what had knocked over the barrel, and come face to face with a huge rat, at least twice the size of the others. The rat snarls, and the other two rats turn back around and surround you.

With a deafening roar, the queen rat screams and attempts to run away, but can go no further under such wounded conditions. What do you do?

(KILL) The rat screams in pain and twists as you take away the last bit of its life, and the echo frightens even the bravest of you. No more rats come to its aid, and the cellar becomes silent.

As you enter the main room of the inn, you notice that the only people remaining are the Innkeeper and the drunk.

INKEEPER: What’s that? You say you’ve killed them all. I want the heads before I give you anything. (Post heads) Now that’s just disgusting. Get that off my bar before you scare away any customers. Now, what was it I promised you for this? Ah yes. The half keg of Dragon’s Breath. I happen to have my last full keg here, so I’ll empty half of it and give the rest to you. Sound like a deal?

(RING) Let me see that! This here is my wife’s wedding ring. Sadly… she passed away last year, but she had lost the ring before her death. This is worth more than any amount of gold to me. I must have it back. (Other half or 70gold)

(QUEEN BODY) By the heavens! Is that what was making that noise down there? I suppose you’ll want more after killing that. Fine. Take the whole keg.

MISC

(RING IN POOL) You look deep into the pool, and notice a glimmering. Reaching in to see what it is, you pull out a gold ring, with an azure gem set inside of it. This will probably fetch a pretty penny at a jeweler, or maybe even the innkeeper.

(KICKED OUT) INNKEEPER: Now you listen here! You had best be getting out of my inn. I don’t want any trouble, and it’s clear that you can’t understand that. Now you can sleep outside, but you won’t be allowed back in here!

As you come downstairs to the main room, you smell the entrancing odor of bacon rising to your nostrils, and can hear the grease sizzle. Entering the main room, you see the innkeeper cooking behind the bar, and he walks over towards you as he sees you approach.

INNKEEPER: I looked more carefully at what had happened down there, and I see that you all took a lot less than you deserved. I’m not a rich man, but I can give credit where credit is due. So I’ve prepared you a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and bread. Enjoy it while it lasts, because if you’re heading up to Northshore and Southshore, this’ll be the last happy place you meet.

(Before Leaving, everyone receives THREE DAY’S RATIONS)

As you leave, Garrik points you towards the Shirken Penninsula. After some time, you come to a fork in the road. The left fork leads around the edge of a forest, while the right seems to be the road less taken, delving straight into the forest. Although it is midday, the forest emits an aura of darkness. You suspect that this necromancer is no easy task, and that his reign has extended even out to the edge of this peninsula. What do you do?

(LEFT)
You continue down the road for another half mile, when you hear a rustling coming from the forest. What do you do?

Perception +1d6 greater than 15, and you see a medium sized raiding party of Kobolds. They are slowly walking forward, and are prepared for battle.

(RIGHT)
Entering the forest, the trees’ height steadily increases. Near the foot of each tree, several large fungi can be seen growing. Shortly after you enter the forest, you hear a rustling overhead. Within moments, four spiders launch themselves from the heights of the 30-foot trees and attack!

Continuing through the forest, you realize you will not be able to leave before darkness completely settles in. You estimate you have just enough time to build a decent sized camp before dark, continue further, or try and escape by traveling all night. What do you do?

(BUILD CAMP) After working hard, you finish your camp just before darkness settles in. The trees bristle as the wind blows by, and the noises of the forest grow louder. You slowly start to lose your sight, and are plunged into darkness.

Suddenly, a blazing light awakes you in your eyes. A heat emanates from the creatures that surround you. They fly to and fro around your camp, and the brightness that they give off nearly blinds you. One notices that you have awoken and swoops down to attack.

(CONTINUE THEN REST) As you journey further through the forest, you notice a cloud of smoke overhead. You look through the trees and see a camp, filled with vile goblins. You see them devouring the bodies of what were once small animals. Their faces are covered in blood, and bones lay scattered across the camp. You can see a pile of larger bones in the corner, but not what lies beyond.

Once defeating the goblins and their captive bear, you realize how dark it has become. The stars barely light the sky, and there seems to be a cloud preventing most of the starlight to enter the forest. What do you do?

(PULL AN ALLNIGHTER) Throughout your journey in the forest, you constantly hear many noises coming from the brush around you. Darkness settles in and you can see unnatural lights occur in the midst of the forest. Suddenly, all the lights go out. For a long time, nothing happens. As your eyes begin to adjust to the light, shadows seem to be moving about you. (Wing it)

(ALL)
You awake in again, suddenly. Blinded by light, you cover your eyes to see a massive creature atop you. Drawing your weapon, you attempt to push it off of you and attack it, and as you move to strike it scampers away. Nothing but a squirrel. You can now hear the slight sound off rushing water, far off in the distance.

The roar of the water grows, and as you step out of the underbrush, you can see a long cliff, that falls into the water. Such a cliff is at least 150 feet, perhaps even more. At the bottom, the river rushes, and jagged rocks stick out from the sides. You may be able to climb the cliff, but swimming across such a river would be difficult. (LEFT) There is a bridge, but it has been snapped in half by some unknown force. Far to your right, there is another bridge, and it seems to be the only way across.

You arrive only to see that the bridge is very thin, only wide enough for one person to walk across at a time. Planks serve as the walking surface, held together only by rope and

After the events of the previous night, the forest seems to recognize your presence. The sounds cease, and the remainder of the day’s journey goes smoothly. You continue through the forest for hours, and long to once again see daylight. Finally, a breaking in the dense forest shows way to daylight. You’ve made it to the edge of the forest.

And right into the back of a warrior Orc. He turns around to look at you. He hesitates, thinking it over. His lower teeth stick out, and a bit of drool hangs from them. He hesitates, trying to figure out what just happened. You have five seconds to act.

Continuing on your way, the path is clear. The path is well traveled, although it seems to have suffered from disrepair throughout the past few months. After traveling several miles, you can see two boys playing in the distance. As you approach them, you realize that they aren’t playing, but fighting. A blonde boy has his fist filled with the hair of a brown haired boy. The brown haired boy has a bloody nose, and the other’s fist is covered in blood. The brown haired boy screams, and plunges his elbow straight into the stomach of the blonde boy. Free from the blonde’s grasp, the brown haired boy rushes over to you, his eyes filled with tears.

(Prepare for lots of winging it, if you run out of ideas just have one boy yell –“THAT’S NOT TRUE” and they get back into a fight)
BROWN: Please help me… please. That boy from Southshore is attacking me. He came out of nowhere, and just started beating on me. Their whole town is under the powers of the necromancer. They can do things normal people can’t… Please stop him… (Bursts into fit of tears)

BLONDE: (staggers over, clutching his stomach) He lies! It’s true; I’m from the honorable town of Southshore. But that swine is from Northshore! He tells you my story, not his own. He attacked me out of nowhere, and cannot be hurt! The blood on his nose is mine, not his! His face is made of steel, his teeth or iron. He is truly the enemy, not I.

Finally, both boys leave to there towns. The road forks here. Where do you go, to Northshore or to Southshore?

(FIRST)Traveling the road to your destination, you can make out a large object slightly off the road that seems to be a large boulder. As you come closer to it, you notice that it is not a boulder, but a living creature. You approach even closer, and it suddenly rears its head at you. An ogre, massive in size and weight, towers above you. Behind it, you can see that another stands, just as tall and menacing.

(SECOND) The journey is twice as long leaving, and the townspeople stare at you as you leave. You can see a mother holding her child in the distance, the young girls turns into her mother and sobs. You turn away, unable to bear the thought that you may pick the wrong side. Continuing down the road, you see smoke rising from a small ground of trees, and the cry of a young woman rings out. “Help me! Goblins!”

You enter the clearing, and can see a young woman of about seventeen, surrounded by an enormous group of hobgoblins. You can see their leader in the center, with the young girl hanging from a tree, the rope around her waist and her hands caught in between. He is shaking his hands back and forth, beginning a ritual of some sort.

(NORTHSHORE) The roads are well kept, but it can easily be seen that there has been hardship here. As you approach closer to Northshore, you see more and more peasants on the side of the roads. Their garb is worn and torn. Their eyes are filled with fear, and they twitch at every movement. As you approach the town, you can see that there are two guards standing militant for any strangers. They both are prepared with bows, and shout to you as soon as you are within earshot.

GUARD: Halt where you are if you value your life! To enter our city, you must pledge that you come here with good intentions and are not from the city of Southshore. Convince me that you are acting in the best interest of Northshore, and that you are not from Southshore. (Skill challenge)

GUARD: So, you truly are here in our best interest. Perhaps you are the saviors we have heard about. Enter… but be warned. We are still on the lookout for the Necromancer and his minions. It would be best if you avoided trouble.

It is a decent sized town, but it reeks of fear. All of the townspeople walk with their heads down, and only the storekeepers look up at you. There are several shops, each with only a few items for sale. An inn with a hay roof stands in the center of the town, and a smaller building to the side of the entrance stands with a sign in the front, with the word “MAYOR” written in bold letters.

Quests
MAYOR: Bring us the head and staff of that lowly necromancer, and then we shall reward you greatly, with our town’s treasures. 1000gold each, and magical weapons with powers you cannot begin to comprehend.

INNKEEPER: At night they come… they come and attack us, steal our things. Imps, zombies, vampires, goblins… evil creatures. Devils are at work here I tell you. They took my wife, they did. Please save her… she’s in Southshore now. I’m sure of it! Please… if you can, I’ll give you anything you want. She’s wearing my necklace, a golden chain with a ruby set in. Fifty gold is all I have to offer, but it would mean everything to me.

BARBER: The name’s Barker. Benjamin Barker. I hate to ask this of you, but I need your help. I’m not used to this sort of thing, but you see, it’s my daughter. Little Johanna has gotten lost again, and I’m afraid for her. Find her, please.

At night, you fall asleep in the beds of the innkeeper, afraid of what may be coming. At last, you fall asleep, only to be awoken moments later by strange noises from outside. Suddenly, shrieks and cries come from the town streets. Lights flicker on around you, and you can see humanoid creatures coming through the once sturdy, now collapsed town gates.

(SOUTHSHORE) As you approach the town, you notice a smell of burning flesh in the air. The place has taken on a demonic smell, an evil aura. On the side of the road, you can see people working in farms far off. They stop and stare at you, more with excitement than fear. As you continue towards the city, everyone you pass follows you, stopping when you do, but obviously watching your every move. A small child no older than five runs up to you, and looks directly into your eyes. “Hey mister. Are you going to get rid of the monsters?”

The gates open without any hesitation, and you enter the village of Southshore. The village is small, consisting of only a few homes that double as stores, and a slightly larger house that serves as an inn, but based on the looks of it, the inn hasn’t seen many customers as of late. You can see an old man standing off to the side, his hand resting upon the top of his head. He carries canvas bag, and you see a strange glow from coming within it. Behind the inn, you catch a glimpse of the larger building behind the inn. You think this may be the town hall. In the corner, you can see a pile of dead bodies behind the graveyard. You watch in horror as you see the undertaker bring a heavy torch blazing to the stack of bodies. As he begins to push the torch down, a hand suddenly emerges from the body, and grabs the torch. The hand throws the torch with inhuman force back at the undertaker, and he stumbles back catching ablaze. The body pushes away the rotting corpses around him, and as its head rises, you can see that it a dead body as well. Several of the other bodies get up, and start stumbling towards you, and throughout the town. The townspeople scream and run away, terrified to kill their once beloved family and friends. A corpse picks up the now flaming dead body of the undertaker, and the cold emanating from the undead puts out the fire, and freezes the body of the undertaker. It holds the body over his head, and throws it towards your party.

Quests
MAYOR: Yes, I am Mayor Varesh, and on behalf of my town, I beg you for your protection. Bring us the head and staff of that lowly necromancer, and then we shall reward you greatly, with our town’s treasures. 1000gold each, and magical weapons with powers you cannot begin to comprehend.

INNKEEPER: At night they come… they come and attack us, steal our things. Imps, zombies, vampires, goblins… evil creatures. Devils are at work here I tell you. They took my wife, they did. Please save her… she’s in Southshore now. I’m sure of it! Please… if you can, I’ll give you anything you want. She’s wearing my necklace, a golden chain with a ruby set in. Fifty gold is all I have to offer, but it would mean everything to me.

BARBER: The name’s Barker. Benjamin Barker. I hate to ask this of you, but I need your help. I’m not used to this sort of thing, but you see, it’s my daughter. Little Johanna has gotten lost again, and I’m afraid for her. Find her, please.

At night, you fall asleep in the beds of the innkeeper, afraid of what may be coming. At last, you fall asleep, only to be awoken moments later by strange noises from outside. Suddenly, shrieks and cries come from the town streets. Lights flicker on around you, and you can see humanoid creatures coming through the once sturdy, now collapsed town gates.

MAYOR: That is enough! No longer shall we cower in fear of North/Southshire! Tonight, now! (rushes over to PCs) If that is not proof enough, then you are truly evil. I offer you twice the reward, if you can bring me the necromancer’s head within five days. Kill anyone who gets in your way, use any means necessary. The necromancer is probably hidden in one of the building’s basements. Go now, and save us!

You travel slightly past halfway to the opposite town, with your path lit by the bloodred harvest moon. However, (when you reach the half point), a small band of creatures stand there. As you get closer, you can make out their shapes just barely. You can see their leader lift its head up to the moon, and howl. It’s fellows race towards you, snarling.

As you approach the opposite town, you can tell things are amiss. No one stands outside the town, and as you approach you can hear a shout (ATTACK!) The gates to the town explode outwards, as several humans rush towards you. From the battlements of the town’s gate, you see one man on each side. A shout is cried “FOR (SOUTHSHORE/NORTHSHORE)!”

It seems as though that was all the town had to throw against you. You enter the town, and hear no noises. (READ DESCRIPTION OF TOWN)

(NS) It is a decent sized town, but it reeks of fear. All of the townspeople walk with their heads down, and only the storekeepers look up at you. There are several shops, each with only a few items for sale. An inn with a hay roof stands in the center of the town, and a smaller building to the side of the entrance stands with a sign in the front, with the word “MAYOR” written in bold letters.

(SS) The gates open without any hesitation, and you enter the village of Southshore. The village is small, consisting of only a few homes that double as stores, and a slightly larger house that serves as an inn, but based on the looks of it, the inn hasn’t seen many customers as of late. You can see an old man standing off to the side, his hand resting upon the top of his head. He carries canvas bag, and you see a strange glow from coming within it. Behind the inn, you catch a glimpse of the larger building behind the inn. You think this may be the town hall.

(First building checked) You enter the room, only to see a small group of seven children shaking in the corner. Among them is the (NS-Brown, SS-blonde) boy who you saw fighting. They are hiding in the corner, terrified of you.
(If they enter, five berserkers 162 attack from behind the door)

(Second building checked) You enter, and see a small wooden trap placed on the ground. A long stone staircase descends into an unknown dungeon. After descending for hours, you arrive at a solid stone door, with a riddle inscribed upon it.

I begin eternity
I end time and space
I’m at the beginning of every end
And the end of every place

(FAILURE) Speak your last guess, and you feel the ground tremble. Suddenly, the floor falls open and you fall thirty (twenty for door 3) feet onto hard rock.
As you fall down the passageway, there is only one-way out, backwards. You climb up the spiral rock staircase only to arrive at the first door, yet now the door you failed at has been opened.

(GREAT SUCCESS)As you speak the answer, the door shakes and opens, the door sliding into the surrounding rock.

Behind this door lies another, with a similar inscription.

Whoever makes it, tells it not
Whoever takes it, knows it not
Whoever knows it, wants it not
Once again I question you
Only this time guess just two

As you speak the answer, the door shakes and opens, sliding into the surrounding rock.

Another door stands in your way, but this one has a much more intricate symbol on it. It seems to be the final riddle.

I can run but never walk
I have a mouth but never talk
A head yet I do not weep
A bed and I never sleep
To answer this is free
But don’t try more than three

This final door opens and a long, narrow passageway leads forwards, with three separate directions forty feet in front of you. (TRAP)

(ONE) You follow down the corridor, only to come face to face with a a group of skeletons, bones rattling and eye sockets glimmering,

(TWO) The path is just a dead end, with a long drop at the bottom. You can see that there is a glinting at the bottom of the pit, some thirty feet beneath you. (Body w/ innkeeper’s wife)

(THREE) This path is much longer than the others, and twists and turns. After half an hour, you realize that you’ve been steadily declining, deeper into the dungeon. At the end of this passage, lies a small table, with a chessboard on it. Only one piece stands on the board, and you can barely detect that another tile is indented.

Suddenly, as the knight hits the tile, the room you are standing in begins to turn. The entrance that once lead to the staircase now leads to an entirely different room, lit by braziers. Fire sparkles in the corners, and demons sit watching you. Sitting upon far from you, a man in a thick cloak with a symbol upon his chest. You cannot see his face, but a wide smile stretches across his face, his teeth a glimmering white. (DC 15 to recognize it as Vecna, god of necromancy)

NECROMANCER: Ahhh. At last. You finally arrive. I’ve heard much about you, from my informants, of course. Then again, I’ve seen your work personally. Those were quite the rats you took out at the inn. Pity, they were the first creatures I corrupted. But then I moved on to humans, capturing all of (NORTHSHORE/SOUTHSHORE) under my control. As long as I live, their actions are controlled by my will.
(Two devils step out of the shadows next to him)
Not yet, not yet. You just don’t understand do you? There is such power to be had in necromancy.
(Suddenly, a pile of bones in the corner rises to become a skeleton with four arms)
And of course, the living dead. Ahh… many of this town I snuck into found this place. Those who made it past the traps… well, here they are. (Three undead minions rise)
You see, there is so much power in revenge. You still don’t understand, do you? I am the once who has been hurt! Not them! Their godforsaken Mayor broke into my home years ago! He attacked and raped my wife, killing her in the process as I was bound by his guards, forced to watch! But he is here now… ready to die for his sins against me.
(Suddenly, a thick rope drops from the center of the room and into a secret passageway directly below it. As it slowly rises you can see a tuft of hair coming out of the hole.
MAYOR: Please!!! Help me! I’ve done nothing!
You can see him struggling to keep his feet on the side of the hole, and you can now see the rope around his neck.
(As the Mayor comes full head out, facing the Necromancer, the necromancer gives off another evil glimmering smile)
NECROMANCER: Do you remember me, dear Mayor. On that night, so long ago when you broke into my happy home, killing my soul and raping my wife. She died hours later… did you know that? Rascial, the simple bard whom you destroyed! But now you, Rostifer, will FEEL MY PAIN!

(The Rope continues rising, and it is clear he is going to hang the mayor)

(wait 10 seconds, if they don’t act)
RASCIAL: Kill them, before they try to help him!
(A flash of light blasts in front of the Necromancer, and when the light clears a three-headed skeleton stands where he once was)

Upon killing the final undead, a blast ripples out of its body. You hear a voice above you. “No! Perhaps you thought you had finished me? No, this isn’t even close to being over.”
Suddenly, the ground begins to shake and rocks start falling from the ceiling.
You narrowly escape through the secret passage, and see yourselves now just outside of the town of (NORTH/SOUTHSHORE) The townspeople rush to greet you, their eyes wide with excitement.

MAYOR: You freed us from his terrible reign! Thank you so much, for we now no longer must suffer his pain. Here, take your gold. It is well deserved. (Mayor hands over 2100 gold to players) And lastly, we found this in the town hall where he kept his things.
(The Mayor holds out a long rod, with runes engraved upon it. The runes glow with a purple blaze. DC 20 recognizes it as hellfire) this was one of his staves. He took the more powerful ones with him when he left, but this was left behind. We thank you for your help, and offer you a free stay for as long as you wish. We ask only that you take the chance to go north, and travel on boat to Rag’Norath. It was once an orc town, but it seems that after the dwarves captured it, they may have resisted. They have wealth much greater than ours, but the challenge is significantly harder. Help them, and you will be greatly rewarded. We can offer you a boat and a captain free of charge.

You board the boat, ready to move onward to the city of Rag’Norath, where even greater quests await you.

Needed Things-

MAP OF SHIRKEN PENNINSULA
MAP OF FOREST
STORY BOOK
MONSTER BOOK
CHESS SET
WAY TO HIDE MY MOVEMENTS
IMPROV

The Vengeful Warlock

The Azure Tome Lazarus1219